Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

Siemens Gigaset C475 has started to announce the number of

Customer Question

Siemens Gigaset C475 has started to announce the number of messages every half an hour or so. What have I done to deserve this annoyance?
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

Hello there,

Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.

Adam

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am willing to give you more time. However. if you are unable to solve the problem by the end of Monday the 25th, I shall simply throw away the answer phone and get another.

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Adam

Expert:  JamesI replied 2 years ago.
Good evening,
Sorry to hear your answer phone is giving you some much grief.
So I can better assist you can you confirm if its the base station which is announcing the messages on a regular basis or one of the cordless phones?
Secondly have you tried resetting the unit to factory settings and unplugging the unit to power cycle it?
And finally have you checked all the buttons on the base unit are free and not stuck or unresponsive?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry for the delay but I did not wish to spoil your weekend! It also gave me some more time to fiddle with the settings.

Answers to your questions, in reverse order:

I can assure you that you'll not find bread crumbs in my keypads or greasy fingerprints on my screens: there are no visible signs of dust or dirt to block the buttons.

I did not reset the base unit to factory settings yet, so as not to loose my directory (I will do it as a last measure, if required). However, I've reset both the base handset and the remote handset: in fact, I've swapped them, renaming both. Now, the announcements continue but only now and then; they do not wake me up at night any more.

The messages are audible on the base set which is on my desk, I cannot say if they are on the extension as well.

I am now going to switch off all my WiFi connections for a day or so in case there are responsible for an interference. If so, I can get rf absorber cylinders and fit them on the power and telephone lines.

I found a Samsung answer telephone in my basement: it worked with no problems but I am not keen on installing it for good as I do like the look and feel of the old Gigaset C475.

Your suggestions, please.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, I did disconnect/reconnect the mains.

Your suggestions, please.