Nathan
Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

My BT 7610 when answered, the caller cannot hear anything and

My BT 7610 when answered, the caller cannot hear anything and the phone display reads, power cut , check time and date. When time and date reset phone seems ok till next incoming call.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 years ago.
Nathan :

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Nathan :

Do you have multiple cordless handsets with the BT system? If so, does this happen on all of them?

Do you have any other phones (like a basic corded model for example), and if so is that working properly (able to hear/talk normally)?

Customer: Have two handsets and problem occurs on both. Can make calls on handsets.
Nathan :

Thanks for confirming,

Nathan :

there are going to be 2 possible causes of this issue,

Nathan :

either you've got a fault in the base station (faulty/corrupted memory), which isn't saving the settings,

Nathan :

or you've got a power issue, and either the mains outlet or the power adapter is functioning intermittently

Nathan :

The one thing you may attempt yourself is to fully reset the system:
1) unplug both power and phone lines from the main base.
2) remove batteries from all handsets
3) wait at least 15 minutes, then restore all
4) place a handset on the main base for a minute, as if to charge
5) check for functionality (using another outlet, if possible)

Nathan :

If no change there, I'd conclude that the base station has an internal fault, likely damaged by a power surge. At that point, your best recourse will be to contact the retailer, or BT, to see about having it replaced. This is a recent model, so it should still be within the manufacturer warranty, and I'd expect them to cover it for you.

Customer: Have tried the power down reset with no success and tried another power outlet.
Nathan :

Then it can only be an internal issue at this point

Nathan :

these systems cannot be repaired economically either, the base would need to be replaced, so a warranty claim will be your next step

Customer: Have tried power down reset with no success and tried another power outlet.