Nathan
Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

ONE OF MY TELEPHONES IS NOT CHARGING AND MAKES AN INCESSANT

Customer Question

ONE OF MY TELEPHONES IS NOT CHARGING AND MAKES AN INCESSANT 'PINGING' NOISE. I HAVE PUT IN NEW BATTERIES BUT IT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE - THE REST OF THE PHONES ARE O.K.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Nathan :

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. We’ll get started chatting here.

If you’d prefer support beyond the chat format, you may also reach me directly via phone or a remote support session. I’ll send an additional services offer for these options - feel free to ignore it for now, it will be available to you at any time during or after our conversation.

Nathan :

What is the model of your phone system?

Where did you obtain the new batteries you tried, and what type were they?

JACUSTOMER-f2gi7ehg- :

My telephone is an Alessi IL TELEFONO (CE 0682 CT/R9 (don't know if this refers to the model or not but was on the Invoice) and the batteries say that they are "Panasonic AAA Rechargeable 750mAh -Ready to Use" - Hope that helps.

Nathan :

So you replaced them with the same type of rechargeable panasonic batteries?

Nathan :

If you "swap" batteries between a known good/working handset, and this "bad" handset, does that make any difference?

Nathan :

If not, it would tend to indicate that this particular handset has simply failed, either the internal charging circuitry or the control board system. Try removing the batteries and letting it sit overnight to reset it. If no change, it would confirm a hardware fault. There is no practical recourse there, unless the system is less than a year old and still under warranty, as these really cannot be repaired, you'd just need to buy 1 new accessory handset to replace it.

Nathan :

If you can look around for a more detailed model number (on the phone base or actual handset), I'll see if I can find you a suitable replacement, if needed.

Nathan, Engineer
Experience: Residential and commercial systems.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

As I said I did try swopping the batteries and it worked well for a while but this morning it is back to "beeping" so I think I do need a new handset. the details on the base are: SIEMENS, IL TELEFONO ALESSI

S30852-S1537-V102-1

CT/58 (OR S8?)

Use only power supply unit C39280-Z4-C478

If you can find me a new one that would be great.

Mrs. W.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Doreen, that should be the A510 handset model. Can you tell me what country you live in, so I can supply a link to a proper source for you to order one from?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I live in London, U.K.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.

Thank you Doreen, You may order a replacement handset here:

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** ordered a new handset.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
You are welcome Doreen. Let me know if you need help registering it to the existing base.