Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience.
15852642

I am setting up a base unit - KX-TG8563. After connecting the

I am setting up a base unit - KX-TG8563. After connecting the phone line to the base(also connected and lit up) I get the error message"check phone line". There is no dial tone.
The phone is replacing an older bt dect phone system. This does get a dial tone and everything works ok.
How can I get the new Panasonic to work properly?
Thanks,
from Peter Gregory.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Is the Panasonic new? Do you have a filter on the phone line?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes to both questions

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Please remove the filter and then try the Panasonic for me.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am not sure how to do this.

There is a BT Open Reach line box with a lower plate that can be unscrewed. If I can remove this, will I be able to bypass the filter?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
A filter would look something like this if you have one on the line: //f01.justanswer.com/ref/http_images10.newegg.com/NeweggImage/productimage/76-998-349-02.jpg'
I was not aware you were plugging directly into an ADSL box and not into a wall jack, can you connect to a wall jack or do you need to connect to the BT box?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, sorry, I should have said.

The phone line plugs into a BT ADSL box which is fitted to the wall where the line comes in to the property.

The upper half of the unit connects to the BT wireless hub.

Does this mean that I can go no further with the Panasonic phone?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
You may still be able to use the Panasonic but you may need to call BT to get it connected as those systems are usually meant for BT phones. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Panasonic.
.