Nathan
Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

Hi, A year ago we bought a Panasonic Digital answering

Customer Question

A year ago we bought a Panasonic Digital answering system and 2 handsets (3 cordless phones in total). One handset went mute ( it seems to work-but silently !). I bought an additional handset to replace the faulty one, which was identical in every way, but was a KX-TG78061EB. I had assumed that it was compatible with the original KX-TG8061E. It doesn't seem to be - a message No Power from Base Unit seems to appear. Is it compatible or not? If it is how does one get it to work?
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Nathan :

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Nathan :

As long as you bought the same handset model (the B or S at the end only indicates color), it should be compatible. However, it doesn't work right out of the box, there are some additional steps required to register the new handset to the existing base station.

Nathan :

Initially, grab that new handset, and press MENU #130
then go to the main base station, where you'll press and hold the Locator(intercom) button for about 5 seconds, until it beeps
then press OK on the handset, and it will sound a long confirmation beep