Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience.
15852642

I have a Panasonic 3 digital system telephone. There is a

I have a Panasonic 3 digital system telephone.
There is a very long delay in the answer machine between the greeting and the recording tone.
This has caused callers to ring off before leaving their message as they believe that the system is not operating properly.
Can I adjust this to a much shorter time?
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
What model Panasonic is this?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Model No KX-TG6621E
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Press menu and then #211 on the handset.
Use the up and down keys to select the setting it should be between 2 and 9 and also have an auto option.
The default is 5, is that what you see if you do this?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok good please try setting it to 3 press ok and then the end call buttons to confirm. Once done test it and see if it is working properly now. If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Tried that answer phone came on after three rings BUT there is still a long time before the tone to record is heard
I do not think that it was reduced
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok are you using a greeting you recorded yourself or the default?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Using my own greeting
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok it is possible there was a delay before ending the greeting when recording that is causing this. We can find find out by resetting to the pre-recorded greeting but you may have to re-record your personal one after. If you are ok with doing that to reset you would press menu #304 then ok and the end call button. Then test it and see if the same thing happens with the pre-recorded message.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Great. It's so obvious when you
Think about it!!
Will give feedback (if I can find the correct place)
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
You're welcome and you can leave a rating on this reply. It is greatly appreciated.
.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience: Years of experience.