Nathan
Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

I have had a Gigaset C595 years. It has worked

Customer Question

I have had a Gigaset C595 years. It has worked very well.
One of the handsets is not working. I changed the battery but it is still not holding its charge.
I have tested the charging base with another handset and it appears to be working.
Can you supply me with a replacement handset and if so at what cost, please?
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Nathan :

, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

I would agree that based on what you described, you've got a bad handset. Just to be safe though, in case you purchased an incorrect (or faulty) battery, it would be worth swapping the battery in this handset with another working handset, to see if the issue stays with the "bad" handset or follows to the other, confirming if the handset was faulty or if it was a battery issue.

Nathan :

If it does need to be replaced, you need the C59H handset model,

Nathan :

Though you don't actually need it, it may be more economical to buy a new system. You can get a new base station with 1 handset than the cost of a replacement handset. You'd just pair the new handset to the existing system, and you could tuck the new base away in storage in case the original ever fails, then you'd be able to have longer term use of your system.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.