Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Phone Engineer
32989067

I have panasonic phone KX-TG6422E. I changed provider from

I have panasonic phone KX-TG6422E. I changed provider from BT to TalkTalk but kept AOL broadband. Since changing to TalkTalk I cannot get incoming calls, it ring once and cuts off, don't know where it goes. I can still phone out with no problem. Don't know people are ringing on mobile or landline.
I have asked TalkTalk to voicemail off, which they have done. Engineer has called at my home and said nothing is wrong with the line.
I may have pressed buttons wrong - I NEED HELP please. This has been going on since November last year and I am fed up with the whole system.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
I want to confirm id the phone is the issue here please and we can confirm this by connecting another phone to the line
Can you do this and tell me if you still have the problem.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

don't have another phone - have another handset

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, the only thing it could be outside of a faulty phone, or the line itself, is the answering machine.
Click my link below, go to page 28 and follow the instructions to turn it off
Click me to view
I have you look at the manual as I cant put the pictures here you need to see to follow the instructions.
turn off the answering machine and let me know if you can then receive calls please.
Richard, Engineer
Experience: Phone Engineer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no calls when a/machine is switched off. Where do I find link for page 28.

do I need to be connected to handset as well for a/machine

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
The link was in my last message, I repeated it below
http://www.home-phones.co.uk/assets/uploaded/documents/430_TG6421E_PNQX1661ZA.pdf
I dont know what you mean with
"do I need to be connected to handset as well for a/machine"
You mean does the handset need to be connected to it Valerie?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Do I need to set base a/machine and the handset a/machine or can I just use the base set.

When you say change password, what password ***** you talking about, or is it the base PIN is set on default

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
No password ***** to be changed Valerie, I did not mention this.
You can just use the base set, this is ok
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have manual on page 28, and have tried turning on/off a/machine and everything else I can think of, but nothing works

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, we need to use another phone to rule out a faulting phone.
Can you borrow one please, any one and test with this phone, but as they "say" the line is ok, we need to confirm this.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the phone and a/machine worked OK until I changed provider, no problems for over 5 years since I bought the phone

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Then it will be the line Valerie.
I would still like to rule out the phone... but it will be the line, its the only thing that can cause this apart from a faulting phone.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

how can the line be faulty when I can ring out, but a/machine doesn't pick up on incoming calls.

Another question - if I ring my landline with my mobile it says CONDITIONAL FORWARDING then clicks off. Does it tranfer to talktalk or 02 my mobile provider How do I take conditional forwarding off my mobile

is this the problem

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
The incoming setup of the line. When we say Line Faulty, it is not the Physical line but the setup with the provider.
Your mobile is not the problem as this is not your landline.
Conditional forwarding is for voice mail on the mobile. If you wish to switch it off, whats the make and model of the phone?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

samsung pay as you go GT-C3590

07517527031

So you are saying I should go back to talktalk and get setup changed

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, I believe on that phone it is Settings, Call and you switch off voicemail and forwarding there.
What I am saying with your problem is Valerie, its not the setup of the phone.
I cannot confirm its the phone itself being faulty as we need to try a different phone to rule this out. If the other phone has the problem, it is the Line thats the problem, and TalkTalk will need to resetup the line as this is where the fault will be (as we then completely rule out the phone as the problem)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have an old phone without a/machine can I try this

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
yes, this is no problem
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

tried old phone but it doesn't ring

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Its the line then Valerie, 100%, we now just confirmed this.
TalkTalk have to correctly check the line (tell them you did two phones now) and that the line is at fault.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I will go back to talktalk

thanks for your help, but I have had enough I am 73 yrs old and I don't understand all this technical stuff.

Bye

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

you didn't help me as my phone still does not work. I wasted £28. Talk Talk say there is nothing wrong with the line

my phone still does not accept incoming calls. Talk Talk say nothing wrong with line. Is there a signal fault or is if Caller ID or a dafault setting