Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Phone Engineer
32989067

my Siemens Gigaset phone has suddenly started to withold

Hi my Siemens Gigaset phone has suddenly started to withold our telephone number when making calls. It currently displays "Withold" on the bottom left of the screen. I cant see how to remove this facility. Can you please help? Thanks very much Blyth
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Go to the call settings menu and under Own Number Sending set this to on and it will then send your number.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Richard sorry for the delay in responding but I had to attend hospital this morning. I have checked the settings menu on my phone and it doesnt show Own Number Settings could it be listed under another sub heading in the settings menu? The options under settings are: Date/Time, Audio Settings, Display, Handset, Base and Voice Mail. I cant see Own Number Sending under any of the above?

Thanks Blyth

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, you have a different firmware it seems Blyth
What is under Handset?
And I hope the hospital visit was nothing serious.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Richard the hanset only quotes Siemens Gigaset on the casing, we have had it for some time, I'm not sure if there is a way to obtain the model number from the software.

I fell off my bike this morning and knocked myself out, lots of bruises and abrasions but at least Im still alive, thanks for asking.

Blyth

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
I mean in settings under Handset, what does it say Blyth?
Good you are not seriously hurt
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Richard under Handset it shows:

Language, Area Code, Auto Answer, Add Emergency Number, Register Handset, Select Base, Reset Handset.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, choose Reset Handset as this will return it to the default settings.
Let me know please if this clears the problem
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Richard it has removed the "withold" from the screen but when I phoned my mobile it comes up as unknown number. It would appear that it is continuing to withold the number when calling.

Blyth

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Ok, then it looks to be your phone provider now also doing this.
Is this BT?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No Richard I am with Talk Talk.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, call them on 0870(###) ###-####
get them to remove the block that hides the number, as this is now causing it (we stopped the phone doing it).
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok will do

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi again Richard

Talk Talk have confirmed that I dont have a hide my number block on my account but have admitted that they are experiencing an outage with the hide my number facility. Their engineers are working on it and will hopefully resolve it soon. A number of other customers are experiencing the same fault. So it looks like there was nothing wrong with my handset, thank you for your assistance. Blyth

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
There was initially as it hid it (you saw the message) but as luck would have it, once we fixed that, this now happens :)
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.