Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I have a gigaset A420A given to me as a present last xmas.

Customer Question

I have a gigaset A420A given to me as a present last xmas. I have had no problems until 2 days ago. I cannot make outgoing calls or receive any incoming calls. I have checked the line with my supplier who have confirmed there are no issues with it. I can ring my number and it rings but there is not a sound from the phone. Can you help ?
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 years ago.
Hello & Welcome,

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of the trouble you are having.

If you still need help:

I see that your "supplier" said that there was no issue with the line, but may I ask if you or someone else has TESTED the line OR TESTED with a DIFFERENT phone?
Perhaps you still have the phone that was in use before you received this gift that could be used to TEST the line?
OR - could you take this Gigaset system to a friend's home and TEST it there?

I ask these questions because is sounds very much like this is a phone line issue, but we will not KNOW until we TEST.

Please let me know if you can do any of this TESTING and the results - when you can.

Thanks, ***** *****

(im)
Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 years ago.
Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****

(im)