Nathan
Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

Richard, thanks here. I have a siemens Gigaset

Customer Question

Hi Richard, thanks for being here. I have a siemens Gigaset C620 A, suddenly all of the 4 phones do not ring when there is an incoming call. Outgoing calls can be made without a problem, and the handsets show missed calls with the users id. What can it be?
Thanks in advance,
Martin
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Nathan :

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

it sounds like you have the system on a silent/dnd mode, or the ringer is off, Martin.

Nathan :

As an initial step, can you try pressing up repeatedly on the volume up control, while in standby mode (not on a call). This should bump the ringer volume up, if it was muted. If that doesn't help, let me know and there are some further steps we can try.

JACUSTOMER-hnbuf817- :

Hi Nathan. That didnt work,when a call comes in the phones stay in standby mode and only when activated I can se thete has been a missed call

JACUSTOMER-hnbuf817- :

its as if the base doesnt transmit the incoming to the handsers

Nathan :

Thanks for the info, and sorry that didn't work.

Nathan :

I would agree based on the additional information that the issue is within the base not communicating properly with the individual handsets. This can be a registration issue, but if you can pick up the handsets and later make an outgoing call, that wouldn't be the caser.

Nathan :

*case.

Nathan :

The one thing you may attempt yourself is to fully reset the system:
1) unplug both power and phone lines from the main base.
2) remove batteries from all handsets
3) wait at least 15 minutes, then restore all
4) place a handset on the main base for a minute, as if to charge
5) check for functionality.