Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

KXTG6822 cordless phone. When I call someone who has my name

KXTG6822 cordless phone. When I call someone who has my name and number stored in their phone, my name does not show on their phone - some of my friends have not bothered to answer my call, not knowing who the caller is.
My old Siemens phone always displayed my name when I made a call.
I have read the handbook and have not solved this.
Are you able to help? Please.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry I didn't see your questions earlier.

May I ask if you still have the OLD Siemens phone - so we can TEST if your name and number appear when that phone is used (to place a TEST CALL)?

Also, may I ask WHEN this issue was first noticed?

One more thing: May I ask what phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line AND if you had a DIFFERENT provider recently?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Greg
I do not have my old Siemens phone.
The Panasonic phones replaced the Siemens phones in January/ February and the problem has grown as people have told us our names were not displayed.
The phone and broadband supplier has not changed. For many years it has been Supanet.
Hope this helps.
Is the Panasonic KXTG 6822 capable of showing my name when making a call to friends who have my phone number logged in their own phone?
SImon
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again and thanks for that information.

OK - may I ask if you have OR can try a DIFFERENT phone (perhaps borrow from a friend) - to TEST if that makes your information appear on other phone when you call?

I only ask because normally, the phone (instrument) that is in use does not control if your call information is sent to someone else. That information SHOULD come from the service provider, and in most cases should be sent with each call. About the only exception is when you have requested that YOUR caller information NOT be sent.

In that regard, SOME service providers offer you a little bit of "control" over your outgoing information - by given you access to "special key sequences" (usually starting with the # ***** * keys) that can turn that "Caller ID" information OFF or ON, for individual calls OR for all future calls. So if you or some other member of your household may have pressed such a key sequence, that could have turned the information off.

I also tried to find the control sequences for Supranet phone services, but I was not able to see those sequences for a particular phone service. I suspect this is so they can keep your information "private". So to find out if you have such control sequences and what they are, I would recommend that you contact the "Technical Support" people at your service provider. I would also recommend this contact because this missing Caller ID information IS a "technical issue" with the service, and they should be able to track down the issue for you.

As for your last question of "Is the Panasonic KXTG 6822 capable of showing my name when making a call to friends who have my phone number logged in their own phone?"

ANY phone should be able to work in this function, because this is really a function of the service provider, and not the phone itself.

Please contact the Technical Support group at your phone service provider and let me know what is found. And please let me know if you have any more questions.

Best Regards, ***** *****

P.S. The Technical Support phone number MAY be: 01282 214 555.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience: Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Greg
Good morning (here!!)
Following from what you said, I telephoned Supanet who are now going to include Caller I D on my account.
At least friends will know who is calling them!
Many thanks for your help and under the circumstances worth me paying a one off fee of £20.
Never know might use you again in the future, but I am NOT opening an account with just answer or paying any further fees. If I use you again I shall gladly pay fees then.
Once again my thanks for your help with this.
Regards. Simon