Nathan
Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

I have a Geemarc AmphiDECT250-2 pair of cordless phones, purchased

I have a Geemarc AmphiDECT250-2 pair of cordless phones, purchased in 2008. They frequently get into a "searching" mode, and now are permanently in that mode, caused to the phones to cease connecting with the outside calls or calling. The batteries are full. How do I pair them. I cannot access a manual with that info on line
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.
Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.
This symptom would tend to indicate a hardware failure in the base station (since the issue happens with all handsets), most likely a failing radio transceiver. We most often see this type of damage to the base unit as the result of a power surge, either through the phone or power lines.
The one thing you may attempt yourself is to fully reset the system:
1) unplug both power and phone lines from the main base.
2) remove batteries from all handsets
3) wait at least 15 minutes, then restore all
4) place a handset on the main base for a minute, as if to charge
5) check for functionality.
If the problem persists after this, it tends to confirm a hardware failure which would require repairs to correct. Unfortunately once the 1 year warranty is up, repairs are not practical, and the base alone cannot be replaced. The most economical option in this case is to replace the entire system. A comparable replacement can be found for $50-100, depending how many handsets you’d like.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks, Nathan. That pretty well says what I expected, but confirmation does make a difference, especially now that I know that my experience with this equipment is common. Looks like I'll be buying a new pair of phones

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
You're welcome, John.
If you specifically need a highly amplified phone, the Clarity brand tends to be the best, ***** ***** the Gemarc brand.
For standard phones, Siemens and Panasonic are best, ***** ***** uniden. Panasonic actually has some very good amplified models now as well, if you are hard of hearing.
If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://www.justanswer.com/electronics/expert-p0llinate/
Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,
Nathan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I appreciate the recommendations. How would you rate Doro Comfort phones from Sweden? Several hearing equipment vendors recommend them.

All I really need is a pair of phones enabled with optional T-coil reception and a decent speaker phone.

Jack

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Hi Jack,
I don't have personal experience with them, as they aren't available here in the US, but I have heard good things about them, and if you have hearing vendors that recommend them I would consider that a good endorsement.
Nathan