Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I have a phone KX-TG7220E. One of the handsets does not seem

I have a phone KX-TG7220E. One of the handsets does not seem to charge properly although the batteries inserted are fully charged. There is a beeping noise when in use.
do I need to replace the handset?
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 years ago.
Hello & Welcome,

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of the issue you are having with this handset.

May I ask the TOTAL number of handsets you have with this system and if you have TRIED to charge the handset in a DIFFERENT charger base?

If you have tried a different charger base and had the same results, I would suggest CHECKING and CLEANING the charging CONTACTS - at the bottom of the handset.
I usually clean contacts with a bit of alcohol and a cotton bud.

If the handset does turn out "bad", finding a replacement handset (Model KX-TGA721) may be difficult, as these system were made about 7-8 years ago. If that is the case, you may want to consider replacing the entire system OR looking for a "used" handset.
You should be able to find replacement systems either locally or online - at places like Amazon.

NOTE: I DON'T usually recommend "used" equipment, unless you REALLY want to keep using an older system.

Thanks, ***** *****

(im)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Greg

Yes I have tried charging on a different charger base - no good.

there are 3 phones in the system. Sounds like a new system!!!

Ron

Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 years ago.
Hi Ron,

Did you CHECK the contacts - at the bottom of the handset - and CLEAN and compare them with a WORKING handset? Sometimes those contacts get bent or damaged, and will definitely get "dirty" over time.

A new system MAY be the best choice at this point. But the "good news" is that the cost of these systems has dropped quite a bit in the last few years. In SOME cases, you can get an entire system with multiple handsets for about the same cost as a single replacement handset just a few years ago.

Please let me know what you find and if you have any more questions.

And when you are ready, please take a moment to rate my service level (Excellent is my goal) so that I get credit for helping you today. You should see some "smiley faces" or "stars" to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****

(im)