Nathan
Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

Base c595 handsets c59H Incoming calls stop after 4 rings.

base c595 handsets c59H Incoming calls stop after 4 rings. Please advise how to extend the rings to allow time to pick up the handset
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.
Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.
If you call yourself from an outside line, what happens? Are you prompted to leave a message?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Nathan We rang using our mobile and this time there were 6 rings before we were invited to leave a message.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for confirming. One last check for me, please:Unplug power and phone line from the gigaset system, then call yourself again from the cell. Does it still ring and prompt for message after 6? Or does it continue ringing endlessly?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Nathan It invited me to leave message after 5 rings Peter

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for confirming. I am assuming also that it was the same message/greeting that you heard previously? If so, what you are hearing is the greeting for the voicemail service provided by your phone company. There is no way to change that directly on the gigaset system, because it is not part of its internal answer system.What you will need to do is dial in to the voicemail server, usually by dialing your own home number from the home line, enter your pin if prompted, then listen to the prompts to get into the personal options. There you can record a personalized message, set the number of rings, etc. Let me know if that helps, and I'll advise further if needed. Nathan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Nathan I have followed your instructions but it has not worked for me so I have decided to buy a Panasonic set. Peter

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
That is certainly an option, Peter. But, a new phone isn't going to make any difference if the problem is with the voicemail, rather than with the gigaset system. The only way that could be resolved is by changing the voicemail settings. The same problem would happen with a new phone as well, until the VM issues are addressed. If you want to just disable voicemail entirely, that may make more sense for you. That is something you can call up the phone company and have them adjust for you.
Nathan, Engineer
Experience: Residential and commercial systems.