Nathan
Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

I have Gigaset S795 system with 6 S79H handsets . Recently

I have Gigaset S795 system with 6 S79H handsets . Recently 2 handsets have gone dead. Sometimes by holding the red end call key a message with clock face and 'please wait' shows and then goes blank.I do not think 2 hand sets could have failed ! What am I doing wrong ?
Regards, ***** *****
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.
Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Alec.
If you swap the battery between one of the "good" and one of the "dead" handsets, does the problem resolve on the previously dead one? Does the problem follow to the previously good one?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes it seems to have been a charging problem. Both handsets are now on charge and alive. The batteries seem to be OK but I will have to keep an eye on them.

I see you have already charged my account with £20. That's fine but please do not charge twice.

Regards, ***** *****

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the update, Alec.This could be from the batteries, but they may just not be making good contact with the base. Try cleaning the little metal contacts on the base as well as the handsets with ear buds and surgical spirits/meths, or buffing them with very fine sand paper or emory paper to let them make better contact. If you wish to purchase new batteries, let me know and I'll send a link to order. Regarding the charge, the site charges you automatically after corresponding with me, you would not be charged again beyond that. If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. Note that this step is required; as it is the only way I get credit for my time (from your existing deposit, no extra charge). I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://www.justanswer.com/electronics/expert-p0llinate/ Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,Nathan