Nathan
Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966
Phone Systems

I have here Dect Gigaset C620 and they show: " Please check

I have here Dect Gigaset... Show More
I have here Dect Gigaset C620 and they show:
" Please check phone connection"
I have done the usual checks that plugs in ok; but still shows this and I cannot send or receive calls.
My BT broadband seems to be working as normal
Could it need a new battery and where can I obtain one?
I
Category: Phone Systems
Show Less
replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Can you tell me a bit more about the problem please:1) If you have multiple handsets (within the same system), does this happen with all of them? 2) Are there other phones or even a fax, outside of this system but on the same line? If so are they working properly?3) Is this a landline from the local phone/cable company, or a VOIP service (vonage/magicjack/etc)?
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

1. Yes. I have three all working through the electric system (or were!)

2. No but my internet is working as you can see. BT supply all calls

3. Landline from local phone company BT

Nathan, Engineer replied 2 years ago.
Do you mean 3 gigaset phones, or you have some other ones? This symptom can indicate either a problem with the line (phone company equipment or the wiring in your home) OR a hardware failure in the base station (since the issue happens with all handsets). We most often see this type of damage to the base unit as the result of a power surge, either through the phone or power lines.It would be helpful as a next step if you can test another phone on the line, preferably just a basic corded phone. Do you have access to borrow one from a friend/neighbor for a few minutes?
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

Three gigaset phones all supplied at the same time and all working up to today

Sorry no one else near here.

NB my internet and email is obviously working and I am getting your responses. Connected through the usual hub-which shows all three signals blue as it should

Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

This email is only mine. I may have contacted you before. Answers

I have no neighbours with a moveable phone

Note that my email and internet systems are working fine. All supplied by BT for calls

Nathan, Engineer replied 2 years ago.
It is possible for the bt internet service to work while the voice line is down. Testing another phone is the only way to be certain of the source of the problem. It is more likely that htis is a gigaset issue at this point though. It wouldn't be caused by a bad battery. The one thing you may attempt yourself is to fully reset the system:1) unplug both power and phone lines from the main base.2) remove batteries from all handsets3) wait at least 15 minutes, then restore all4) place a handset on the main base for a minute, as if to charge5) check for functionality.
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

did not seem to alter the problem

Should I have put ONLY the base set back on-I put all three back on?

Nathan, Engineer replied 2 years ago.
No all 3 is fine.The purpose here is to reset the base station. This is not a conclusive test though unfortunately. It still doesn't rule out a line fault. The next step here would be to either call BT to check the line, or to buy a new phone. The danger in having BT out is that if they find no line fault, they will charge you a service call, typically around $100. That would mean you'd have a gigaset failure and that your money would have been better spent on a new phone (they cannot be repaired economically, replacement is more feasible).At this point, my suggestion would be that you purchase a new phone system. The gigaset is the more likely failure point, meaning it probably needs to be replaced anyway - worst case, if you find a new phone doesn't work either, you could always return it to the retailer for a refund, and then call BT out at that point with confidence that it is a fault on their end. Recommended replacement option: http://amzn.to/1G81rB6 Best regards,Nathan