Nathan
Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

On my KX-TG7233E handset, is it possible to extend beyond 7

Customer Question

On my KX-TG7233E handset, is it possible to extend beyond 7 the number if times the phone rings before the unit answers calls?
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Unfortunately, no, the "rings to answer" setting cannot be extended beyond 7, at least not for the internal panasonic answering system.However, you may have an option to forego the panasonic answer system and instead utilize a voicemail service provided by your phone company. Voicemail is typically able to have a greater range of settings, and is usually measured in seconds rather than rings (20 seconds, 30, 60, etc), though this will vary depending on your telephone company provider. The only downside to voicemail is that you lose the "call screen" function to listen in on the message being left. Still, you can record your own greeting on the voicemail if you like, and voicemail actually has several advantages: it is always on, meaning it will work even if the power goes out, while the answering machine could stop taking or playing messages if it is ever damaged or unplugged. VM will also work even if you're on another call, with answering machine, the 2nd caller would just get a busy signal. For these reasons, I tend to recommend voicemail over using your own machine, simply because it tends to be more reliable and accessible. The choice is yours of course though. Best regards,Nathan