Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

Panasonic additional Cordless phone KX-TGA806, wont sync with

Panasonic additional Cordless phone KX-TGA806, wont sync with base, says there is no power at the base, there definitely is and the battery charging light is on
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of the trouble you are having with this additional handset.

May I ask:
1) is this a NEW handset, or was it purchased as "used" (or refurbished)?
2) what is the Model of the MAIN BASE UNIT of the system you are trying to connect this handset to?
3) how many TOTAL handsets do you have connected with the Main Base Unit now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Greg,

1) The additional handset has been bought new.

2) Main Base Unit Model No KX-TGA806.

2) One handset on the Main Base Unit, plus one additional handset which works OK, then this one.

James

Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi James and thanks for that information.

May I ask if you can find the MAIN base unit (the part that connects to the phone cord) and find a model there? The format of that model should be KX-TGxxxx - where xxxx is a four-digit number.
(the KX-TGA numbers are for the cordless handsets only).

Also, does this NEW handset still say "no power to base" on the display, or is there something else on the display?

(im)
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,

I did not see a response back yet, but wanted to send the following information before I take a short break.

The following instructions SHOULD work for you, but let me know if they do not.

1) On this NEW handset, press the middle "soft key" (the button below the display), and press # ***** 3 0 (this puts the handset into "register mode")
2) On the MAIN BASE UNIT of the system, find the "Paging" button, and then press and HOLD it for about 5 seconds (or until a "tone" sounds). NOTE: Some base units do NOT have a tone.
3) Now within 1 minute, go back to the NEW handset and press the OK button. That should "register" the handset to the main base unit within a few seconds, and it will be ready to use. You may also hear a "tone" on the handset when the registration is done.
NOTE: If your handset displays something like "Base PIN" on the screen, enter 0000 and press OK again.

Please give that a try and let me know if you have any trouble at all.

Best Regards, ***** *****

(im)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Greg,

The Base Unit four digit Number is *****

Handset displays

1) Press "Pager sign for 5sec on base, then put on charger"

2) "No link to base, reconnect main base AC adaptor"

Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,

Let me send you a link to a video that shows how MOST Panasonic cordless phones can be registered to a new base.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75qdGoB5Hc4

This video is for the handsets used in North America, so the text displayed on the handset in the video may be a little different, and they use the term "locator" instead of "pager sign", but it is the same button function - on the MAIN BASE UNIT.

Also, the KX-TG8062 Main Base Unit SHOULD sound a registration tone - when you hold the pager sign down for 5 seconds, so you may want to check for that.

Please let me know if that works - to get the handset registered to the main base.

Best Regards, ***** *****

(im)
Greg A., Engineer
Experience: Working with Electronics for 25+ years.