Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I have just replaced my house phones with your KX-TGD323 and

I have just replaced my house phones with your KX-TGD323 and want to know how I identify the base set of the three handsets provided.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 years ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry to hear of the trouble you are having locating the "number" of the handsets in this system.

Here is an image I have of the "system", showing the MAIN base unit on the left with one handset, and two other handsets sitting in their "chargers" on the right.
graphic

MOST Panasonic cordless phone systems - once charged up and working, will display a number on the display of each handset - starting with 1 and going up from there.

BUT, I must say that there is no "requirement" that any handset be placed in any particular charger or base unit for them to function properly. The only real use of these numbers is to identify the handset involved if you want to use some of the "advanced functions" of these systems (such as intercom from one handset to another).

May I ask if the system handsets have been allowed to charge up yet - for at least an hour or so (so the handset displays can be active)?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes very satisfied with your response. Not being too familiar with technology and the pace with its change I do find I have lots of difficulty interpreting present day instruction guides and manuals. Many Thanks

Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 years ago.
Hi again,

You are quite welcome and thanks for getting back to me.

Just so you know, it is not "just you" when it comes to the interpreting of manuals and instructions for most electronics. I believe this is because the "writers" of these manuals are not always native speakers of English (or even American English).

The "good news" is that sometimes you can find instructions online where someone has had the same issues and done a better "translation" than what is in the manuals. And often independent people will even make "video" instructions for certain features. I didn't find any for this particular model, but I think that is because this system is "too new" to have someone do that yet.

Please let me know if you have any more questions about this system or need more help in the future.

And if you are satisfied with my advice, please take a moment to rate my service level (Excellent is my goal) so that I get credit for helping you today.
You should see some "smiley faces" or "stars" to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them or can not use them.

Best Regards & Enjoy your New Phones, Greg A.

(im)
Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 years ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****

(im)