Nathan
Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

I have a BT 7610 cordless quad phone which worked perfectly

I have a BT 7610 cordless quad phone which worked perfectly when new. For no reason I can think of my phone now continually show a screen saying there has been a power cut and there is no link to the base unit. (There has not been a power cut) The calls recorder stopped working on 18th May. I have searched online and I have manually registered each of the handsets but this has not made any difference It also continually asks me to reset the time and date but this is always still correct. Can you help Please?
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 1 year ago.
Hi. welcome to justanswer.This message comes when the batteries are not charged. I would suggest you to place the handset on the base and leave to charge for 24 hours. Also change the batteries that goes in the base. This should solve your problem. Reply if the problem persists.Thanks and Please rate the chat POSITIVELY.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All 4 handsets are fully charged. There is an indicator on each all showing 4 bars (max) There are no batteries in the base .It plugs into the mains supply.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. This symptom can indicate either a problem with the line (phone company equipment or the wiring in your home) OR a hardware failure in the base station (since the issue happens with all handsets). We most often see this type of damage to the base unit as the result of a power surge, either through the phone or power lines.The one thing you may attempt yourself is to fully reset the system:1) unplug both power and phone lines from the main base.2) remove batteries from all handsets3) wait at least 15 minutes, then restore all4) place a handset on the main base for a minute, as if to charge5) check for functionality. If the problem persists after this, it tends to confirm a hardware failure which would require repairs to correct. Unfortunately once the 1 year warranty is up, repairs are not practical, and the base alone cannot be replaced. The most economical option in this case is to replace the entire system. If you happen to be under the warranty still, you may of course contact BT to replace it for you, otherwise I'll be happy to recommend replacement options for you (the BT hardware tends to be low quality and short lived, as you've experienced - I would stick with gigaset or panasonic products, they are much more reliable). Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,Nathan
Nathan, Engineer
Experience: Residential and commercial systems.