Nathan
Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

My Panasonic phone won't accept code numbers

my Panasonic phone won't accept code numbers
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Can you describe the problem a bit more?Are you saying it won't accept the direct programming commands? That you can't dial a number to call someone, or that when on a call, such a toll free call to company, the computer voice system doesn't recognize your prompts?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it won't accept direct programming programmes. I'm particularly concerned to activate the facility to listen messages. Whenever I enter any 3-number code i get a bleep.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Are you sure you're using the proper sequence?You have to do this in standby mode (not on a call) from a handset,so to turn on the message feature for example you have to:Press MENUPress #Press 3Press 2Press 7SaveOff If that still isn't working, let me know the full model number of your unit please, which is printed on the main base and starts with kx-tg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

KX- TG68116 or KX- TG12GB - I seem to have 2. I,ve now looked up the original order number on Amazon and it says KX-TG 6812

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Can you recheck those, you have some extra digits on the first, and looks like some missing on the 2nd. Assuming it is really the KX-TG6811 though, then the issue isn't the command, it is the phone itself.The 6811 model has no built in answering machine function, it is a telephone only. That is why the command is rejected. If you try a different command, such as changing the ringer volume for example (menu#160) I think you'll find that works just fine.But the answer settings will not apply, because your phone doesn't have that capability. Best regards,Nathan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

You're right! How annoying. Would it work if I tried to get a message service from my provider (Orange)?

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Not with that function, but the panasonic is compatible with voicemail from the phone company, yes.The panasonic should recognize when there are new voicemail messages waiting and turn on an indicator light on the handsets. You can then dial your own home number to check those messages, and you can program a voicemail speed dial key on the handsets to facilitate that process more quickly.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you. I'll try that later and let know.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
You're welcome. You'll find those steps in your manual too on p43, to program the vm number
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

All sorted! Just have to dial 3103 and its there (Orange) Many thanks. Sally