Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience.
15852642

Gigaset C475 - Ticking noise at the base station. All functions

Gigaset C475 - Ticking noise at the base station. All functions working o.k. - just the noise at the "speaker". I have removed all batteries, cleaned the ends of batteries and also the contacts in the handsets. Volume of noise is reduced, but still there.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Is it a crackling noise?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Freddy - No, not a crackling noise - a regular tapping sound - approx. 1 tap per second. Th noise-volume has decreased slightly since cleaning the batteries & contacts, but is still obvious. All batteries show Fully Charged.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
If you remove all power including the batteries does it go away?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Disconnected all power & batteries - it is still tic*****, *****e volume & frequency.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Ok everything has no power now so the ticking needs to be coming from something else. Can you listen close to each handset and base to figure out which it is coming from?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sound is coming from the base - no batteries yet reinserted into the 3 handsets.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Please disconnect all cables including the phone cable. Then please plug it into an outlet in a different room. We are only testing to see if the ticking continues if you do this.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hold tight, Freddy M. After doing the necessary - we have discovered the culprit......... a flipping electronic doorbell gadget placed in the vicinity of the phone. Afraid we have wasted your time...... a few harsh words have passed between me and "her indoors"..... Thank you for your help - and we hope your next person-in-need will be a bit easier to deal with.Cheers ***** ***** thanks again.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
You're welcome and that is actually why I had you move the base, without power it is impossible to have it making noise. So it had to have been something else within the vicinity that I was sure you would find after moving the base. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Gigaset.