Russell H.
Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.
13568747

Panasonic KX-308 voice mail card does not record message

Customer Question

Panasonic KX-308 voice mail card does not record incoming message

Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question, and I'm sorry that your question waited so long for a response.

I would like to suggest some obvious problems:
- the phone line's voicemail may be picking up.
- the voice mail card may need configuration before it will work - or if it was working before, it may need to be configured again as if it were brand-new... setup data is sometimes lost spontaneously, you see.
- if it has never worked, how old is it? it might possibly be 'broken' from store or vendor.
- what device is it installed into? a computer, I would presume, but if so, what type?

Also, make sure the voicemail card's memory is not full... if it were full of recorded but not erased messages, then it couldn't store any more messages, at some point.

Tell me more about the case, if the above does not help, in Reply To Expert, and I will advise you further.