Nathan
Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

Cordless phone says line cord error please check

cordless phone says line cord error please check
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Can you tell me a bit more about the problem please:1) If you have multiple handsets (within the same system), does this happen with all of them? 2) Are there other phones or even a fax, outside of this system but on the same line? If so are they working properly?3) Is this a landline from the local phone/cable company, or a VOIP service (vonage/magicjack/etc)?4) Do you have dsl service on the same line? 5) Full model of the phone(s) (printed on sticker on the base usually)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am 83 yearsof age and have not a clue what you are talking about . Talk Talk seem to think it is their line at fault and are going to fix it. Hopefully

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
That is one of the possibilities, yes.This symptom can indicate either a problem with the line (phone company equipment or the wiring in your home) OR a hardware failure in the base station (since the issue happens with all handsets). We most often see this type of damage to the base unit as the result of a power surge, either through the phone or power lines.The one thing you may attempt yourself is to fully reset the system:1) unplug both power and phone lines from the main base.2) remove batteries from all handsets3) wait at least 15 minutes, then restore all4) place a handset on the main base for a minute, as if to charge5) check for functionality.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

boy next door did that yesterday done it again half hour ago but no change Line code error please check still on screen after powerecut faded away.

Can not afford any more help from Just Answer, my small pension will not stretch any further

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
You won't have any additional costs beyond the initial agreed upon fee. You may disregard any call offers or additional services if not desired. If the reset process didn't help, it unfortunately still doesn't confirm the cause, it is just an attempted resolution for a possible hardware fault.It is more likely a talk talk issue, but the only way to isolate that would be testing another phone system.If you have the same problem with another phone (preferably just testing a basic corded phone), then the line is at fault and talk talk needs to repair.If another phone does work, then your cordless system is defective and would have to be replaced (they cannot be repaired)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My extension in the bedroom which is a BT Décor 210is dead as well. No dialling tone ..nothing.

Have been experimenting with the handset. Settings are working..have even manage to chage the ring tone sound and its volume. Won'tlet me make a call. Don't know if incoming calls respond.

You could give it a try I suppose. XXXXXXXXXXX

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
I'm not able to get through.Since the bedroom works as well, that means this is a line fault.Talk Talk will need to send an engineer out to check the switching/line equipment on their end.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The bedroom phone does NOT work.. I am hardof hearing so would not have heard it 30 feet away in my sitting room and the TV on. as well !!

Not had a text from Talk Talk since yesterday . This is all so worrying not having a phone at my agae Nathan

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I mistyped. I meant since it does not work.You have multiple devices not working. It can only possibly be a line fault.Talk talk will need to come out to repair it.I understand your frustration and need to have a working phone service.Do you have a mobile phone you can call them on to request service? Or ask a neighbor to call on your behalf. You can also file an online report here: https://www.talktalk.co.uk/contactus/report-a-fault-with-your-service#765
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My neighbours are elderly and would not be able to afford a call to Talk Talk. They keep you on hold forupto an hour and then send you from one end of the world to another. Rarely solve the problem. Last time I had to get their Fraud Squad person to resolve the issue. They had given my account to some one else AND my phone number . Took 4 months to get it sorted and of course no phone.

I will try the link you have given me but don't have high hopes .

Will keep you updated.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry to hear that, I did not realize the talk talk service was so poor. I hope you are able to sort it with them.
Nathan, Engineer
Experience: Residential and commercial systems.