Nathan
Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

I have a Panasonic 5 phone system in my house.Recenty two

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic 5 phone system in my house.Recenty two of the phones will ring but when I pick them up there is no sound. The others work OK.Help please.
Frank Horan
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Can you tell me a bit more about the problem please:1) If you have multiple handsets (within the same system), does this happen with all of them? 2) Are there other phones or even a fax, outside of this system but on the same line? If so are they working properly?3) Is this a landline from the local phone/cable company, or a VOIP service (vonage/magicjack/etc)?4) Do you have dsl service on the same line? 5) Full model of the phone(s) (printed on sticker on the base usually)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have already pointed out that two phones will ring but not transmit or receive a message-they are dead. The others work.. They line is a single BT effort and does not carry fax.I do not know what DSL is
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for confirming. Your 2nd reply had not come through, just the part about changing the batteries.

On the 2 "bad" phones, do they ring at all? If you put them into speakerphone mode, do you get audio then?