Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Phone Engineer
32989067

I have a phone model number KX-TG8561E. All connections are

I have a phone model number KX-TG8561E. All connections are ok, but it discharges the battery on the handset and the answer phone doesn't work. The wireless extension works when the main phone is fully charged. This happened suddenly, the power supply comes through an anti surge connection block. My question is do I need a new phone?
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
yes, as the mainboard is failing in the phone and will be the onboard power supply.
It is not cost effective to repair this, you will need to replace it unless it is still under warranty.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.