Nathan
Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

I have a three handset Gigabit S820H-S820A when my number

I have a three handset Gigabit S820H-S820A
when my number is ***** by a regular caller, the phone appears to ring for a long time, but when the handset answers it interrupts the call almost immediately . When I try to recall the number , I get a message "Not Possible," even though the number is ***** in my directory and is a frequent caller .
Can you suggest a solution?
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. When you say interrupts, it is hanging up or terminating the call?If you redial the number manually, entering the digits only and exactly as they appear on the caller id, will it go through that way?Do you have any other phones there, not part of the gigaset system?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Nathan,
it hangs up after a couple of rings, and it doesn't offer the answer service. I didn't re-enter the digits manually, I went to contacts and selected the name and attempted to call, at that point , I got the message 'not possible'. I phoned the number directly from my cell phone, and it answered correctly . The cell phone is the only other phone in the house.
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Could you please try to ring the number again, from one of the gigaset handets, keying in the digits manually (exactly as they appear on the caller id or saved call log)?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I manually dialled the well known number on the gigaset handphone and a recording on the phone told me the number has not been recognised...
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Nathan,Today 21st.Oct , more calls from other numbers are also the same , the phone rings twice, then cuts off the call. Attempts to call back via the "call list" result in a "Not Possible ,"message.
Chris
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for confirming, Chris.Do you have any other phone there that you can test the line with, that isn't part of the gigaset system, preferably just a basic corded phone?That will be the next step here to help us isolate if this is a line issue or an equipment issue.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Nathan , I don't have a corded phone in the house, what do you suggest?
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
You'll need to obtain one to do anything further. Can you go buy a cheap one at currys, borrow one from a neighbor for a few minutes, etc? It is possible this is a line fault, but equally likely to be a gigaset issue. If you call the phone co out (BT?) though and they find nothing wrong, they'll charge you a $100 service call that would have been better spent on a new phone system, which is why it is important to test the line yourself first. In the meantime,The one thing you may attempt yourself is to fully reset the system:1) unplug both power and phone lines from the main base.2) remove batteries from all handsets3) wait at least 15 minutes, then restore all4) place a handset on the main base for a minute, as if to charge5) check for functionality.