Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

Good morning,I wonder if you are able to help please.We

Customer Question

Good morning,
I wonder if you are able to help please.
We have a digital cordless answering system - XXXX
Since yesterday afternoon - but only realised in the evening - we are unable to make or receive calls. The callers name appears on the screen but we are unable to make contact via the handset and definitely unable to make outgoing calls.
We have looked at the instruction booklet and tried the various suggestions we think should hopefully work but to no avail.
Can you help us please ?
Kay XXXX
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, KIay. Can you tell me a bit more about the problem please:1) If you have multiple handsets (within the same system), does this happen with all of them? 2) Are there other phones or even a fax, outside of this system but on the same line? If so are they working properly?3) Is this a landline from the local phone/cable company, or a VOIP service (vonage/magicjack/etc)?4) Do you have dsl service on the same line?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nathan,
Sorry have been experiencing problems viewing your response. However, I have now obviously. Sorry.
This morning we placed the extension handset in the base unit and everything works OK with this in place but not with the other handset so it would seem that the (what I call) the main handset is not recognising the base unit.
Would it be possible to have a replacement ?
Kay
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Can you give me the full model number of the system, please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nathan,The numbers we wrote in the instruction booklet when we purchased the telephone set are:Model Nos. KX-TG8120ES and PQLV30045ZAS and Serial Nos. 6JBQB026248 and 6JBQA.I hope these are helpful.Kay
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** we look into replacement options, The one thing you may attempt yourself is to fully reset the system:1) unplug both power and phone lines from the main base.2) remove batteries from all handsets3) wait at least 15 minutes, then restore all4) place a handset on the main base for a minute, as if to charge5) check for functionality.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Did the reset work, Kay?