Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

My phone only rings once then cutsou

Customer Question

My phone only rings once then cutsou
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,Sorry to hear of the issue you are having with your phones.To help you with this issue, may I ask:1) The Make & Model Number of the phone system you are working with?2) What phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?3) If you have ANY other devices (phones, fax, alarm system, etc.) attached to this same phone line (not part of the MAIN system)?4) WHEN did this issue first begin?5) Can you still make OUTGOING calls?Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
KX TG 7861EB. British telecom No other devices only broadband. The iSue began about two weeks ago, I can still make outgoing calls
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again and thanks for that information. May I ask:1) Do you have Caller ID with your phone service?2) If this happens for ALL INCOMING calls?3) Do you have access to another phone (such as mobile phone or neighbor's phone), so you can call your own number and HERE what happens - from the caller's end? Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I don't have caller id
The same thing happens when I call from my mobile
Yes it happens with all incoming calls
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again, Can you repeat the TEST CALL - from your mobile phone and listen for any rings IN THE MOBILE phone, and let me know EXACTLY what you hear in that MOBILE phone (number of rings, etc.)? I will then want you to repeat this same TEST a second time, but before that second TEST, I would like you to DISCONNECT the PHONE CORD from the Panasonic Main Base Unit (and leave it disconnected) - then place the second TEST CALL, and listen for any changes (in ring response of the mobile phone). I hope that is clear and makes sense.Please let me know what you hear is EACH of these two TEST CALLS. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is your phone number a free call?
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again, If you are seeing a "Request phone call" on your screen, then please know that I can not do a call with you, as it is outside of my coverage area. Plus, that call would be an "Additional Service", and there would be an additional fee added for that.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
We can of course continue here - in this format - at no additional cost.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Carry on as we were please.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Very good. Please place those TWO TEST CALLS, and let me know what you hear for each of them.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Carry on as we were please.Just the same one rin and it cuts out.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again, OK - if you still only hear a single ring - with the Panasonic Main Base Unit disconnected from the phone cord - that tells us that the Panasonic phone system is NOT the cause of the issue, but it would be something wrong with the SERVICE itself. So the next step is to contact the "Technical Support" (or Customer Support) group at your provider. I say Technical Support because they are usually available 24 hours a day - every day - and they should be able to look into this issue and TEST the service - from their offices. If you don't have the contact number, you should be able to get it using the link below. Start by clicking on the link, then the "Problem with my service" link on that page. Click here --> http://www2.bt.com/personal/contactus Please let me know what is found or if you have any more issues. If this has answered your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (Excellent is my goal) so that I get credit for helping you with this question.You should see some "smiley faces" or "stars" to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to scroll UP or DOWN) or can not use them.Thanks, ***** ***** .-
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.Thanks, ***** ***** .-(im)