Nathan
Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

There, my internet and wi fi provider is BT, INFINITY.

Hi There,
my internet and wi fi provider is BT, INFINITY. is there any way I can pick this up to use computer in car.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. You could use the wifi connection within range of your home router, so in the driveway/garage possibly. Beyond that, the range of your home router would not be sufficient and you can't just tap into others networks during your travels as they are all secured with passwords. You may be able to get a wifi hotspot through BT, which is essentially a small mobile phone sized device that connects to the cellular network and then uses that cellular data connection to create a small mobile wifi hot spot that can be used anywhere your cell phone would work. There is a cost for the device, usually around $50, and a similar monthly fee, depending on the amount of data used.You may also have an option of enabling a tethering feature or wifi hotspot built into your existing smartphone, but that will again come with an added monthly data fee from your carrier. In summary, your home internet connection cannot be used outside the home, but there are mobile data devices available to use your computer while travelling. Best regards,Nathan