Nathan
Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

I have a Gigaset SL910 and the two remote handsets show

Hi, I have a Gigaset SL910 and the two remote handsets show 'Base Station lost, searching for Base Station' all the time. The phone set that goes with the base station works if it is close to the base station but comes up with same message when moved into another room, please advise, Many Thanks, Pete
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Pete. This symptom indicates a hardware failure in the base station (since the issue happens with all handsets), meaning a weak/failing radio transceiver, or from external interference. We most often see this type of damage to the base unit as the result of a power surge, either through the phone or power lines. This isn't surprising to see from normal age related wear and tear either, on a 2011 model which is now past its service life.The one thing you may attempt yourself is to fully reset the system:1) unplug both power and phone lines from the main base.2) remove batteries from all handsets3) wait at least 15 minutes, then restore all4) place a handset on the main base for a minute, as if to charge5) check for functionality.If the problem persists after this, it tends to confirm a hardware failure which would require repairs to correct. Unfortunately once the 1 year warranty is up, repairs are not practical, and the base alone cannot be replaced. The most economical option in this case is to replace the entire system: http://amzn.to/1UoMmAF