Nathan
Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

I have a Panasonic residential phone base unit kx-tg5521e which

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic residential phone base unit kx-tg5521e which is powered and rings when external calls are made. The hand sets are reporting an error message "Base No Power" . I have tried the suggested fixes but without success. Any other ideas.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Mark. This symptom indicates a hardware failure in the base station (since the issue happens with all handsets), meaning a failed radio transceiver. We most often see this type of damage to the base unit as the result of a power surge, either through the phone or power lines. This isn't surprising to see from normal age related wear and tear either, on a 7 year old model (2009 system), which is now well past its service life. The one thing you may attempt yourself is to fully reset the system:1) unplug both power and phone lines from the main base.2) remove batteries from all handsets3) wait at least 15 minutes, then restore all4) place a handset on the main base for a minute, as if to charge5) check for functionality. If the problem persists after this, it tends to confirm a hardware failure which would require repairs to correct. Unfortunately once the 1 year warranty is up, repairs are not practical, and the base alone cannot be replaced. The most economical option in this case is to replace the entire system: http://amzn.to/1UoM7pq
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh
Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,
Nathan