Nathan
Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

I have been trying to delete recorded greeting from my phone

I have been trying to delete recorded greeting from my phone (KX-TG2511). I have tried all the methods listed in the manual, without success. Can you help ?
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. When you call yourself from an outside line, are you hearing a different greeting than what you have recorded?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Nathan
No. Despite my efforts to delete the original recorded message I have not been successful. When I dial my landline from my mobile, and let it ring out, I keep getting the original message. Whereas, when I follow the instruction on page 26 to play back the greeting message I get the new message which I recorded to replace original. I am switching off for the night and will not be available tomorrow until 5 pm. If you cannot text a solution perhaps we could speak on phone - 00 353 1(###) ###-####
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
I would suspect that your answering machine isn't actually the problem here, and is probably working just fine.I'd like you to test something for me please: could you please unplug both the power cord and phone line going to your panasonic base station, and then call your home number from another phone (like your cell phone) and let me know if you still hear that "original message" you mentioned earlier.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Nathan
I did as you suggested -unplugged power and phone line from base station -then rang from my cell phone while they were disconnected. Unfortunately still got the "original message" with base station disconnected from power and phone line. Tried again after reconnecting - same result. I also tried the "Greetings Only" solution on page 30 with no success.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for chec*****, *****. If you do hear that same message in this situation, then what is happening is that you are reaching a voicemail service provided by the phone company. It is answering before your home answering machine has a chance to pick up the line, which is why you hear a different greeting, and why you get no messages when checking your home answering machine.The solution in that case is to contact the phone company and have them cancel/remove the voicemail service from your account, OR as an alternative, you could get rid (or just stop using) the answering machine and use the voicemail function instead. You can record your own greeting on the voicemail if you like, and voicemail actually has several advantages: it is always on, meaning it will work even if the power goes out, while the answering machine could stop taking or playing messages if it is ever damaged or unplugged. VM will also work even if you're on another call, with answering machine, the 2nd caller would just get a busy signal. For these reasons, I tend to recommend voicemail over using your own machine, simply because it tends to be more reliable and accessible. The choice is yours of course though. If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,Nathan
Nathan, Engineer
Experience: Residential and commercial systems.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have contacted the service provider this morning. They have confirmed that they have no record of any voicemail/answering system for my number.
I decided to start the whole procedure again, from page 25. I discovered that in my efforts to delete the original message that the answering system was switched off. I turned it on and found the problem is solved. the phone is now playing my new greeting.
The problem may have been caused by my unfamiliarity with the system but you may find this information useful when dealing with any similar query.
Thank you for your efforts.