Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Phone Engineer
32989067

I have a digital cordless phone model number KX-TG8051E. Suddenly

I have a digital cordless phone model number KX-TG8051E. Suddenly I cannot get calls in or make calls out. If the phone does ring and I answer it all I hear is a swishing noise. I have checked with my provider and have been told that the line does not have a fault on it and that the problem is in my home. I have disconnected and reconnected the phone, but this makes no difference. Am wondering if certain buttons have been pressed by grandchildren's small fingers that I am not aware of. Can you please help me as this problem is driving me nuts !! Thank you.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me exactly what happens when you try to make a call with the phone please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dealing tone heard then nothing
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks,
There is no setting someone could have done to cause this, its a fault thats occurred.
With which phone provider are you with?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Plusnet
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, there are no faults at the moment when I checked, so what they told you is right, which confirms the phone as the issue.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the phone to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.