Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Phone Engineer
32989067

I have had the excellent Gigaset C475 years, and

Customer Question

I have had the excellent Gigaset C475 for many years, and have had troublefree performance. Recently, however, I have found that after a period off its cradle I am unable to make calls out - it just reverts to the basic idle status. Could it be that it requires new batteries, although the display indicates that they are fully charged?
I would appreciate your advice.
Nicholas **
**
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
It can be the firmware needing a restart Nicholas.
Can you remove the batteries, wait 10 minutes, put them back in and tell me if you still get the problem.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, Richard, but after about 90 minutes and one incoming call of 15 minutes the same thing happened. But during that interval the battery charge status went from full to just under half. Could the batteries need replacing?
Nicholas
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** either the batteries or the mainboard in the phone Nicholas.
The only way to confirm would be to replace the batteries.
You can get them here very cheap
http://www.amazon.co.uk/HQRP-Rechargeable-Batteries-Siemens-Cordless/dp/B00CF0227M
And once replaced, let it charge for 4 hours then test it. If the problem continues then the mainboard is at fault and in this event I would replace the phone as a repair would not be worth it.
But usually in my experience, its the batteries at issue.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your efforts. I will try with new batteries first.
I have tried to cancel membership with Just answer, and give below my message:"At 11.38 I sent a question to Richard about my Gigaset C475 which he did his best to answer. The remedy that he suggested did not work, and I am now left with the options that he suggested – new batteries or a new telephone.I am not blaming him, as possibly there is no solution.I therefore tried to cancel my subscription and obtain a refund, but your website kept disputing my username, email address or password, and in spite of two new passwords I still cannot connect with your website. This incompetence on my part is perhaps due to my age – 87.I would be grateful, therefore, if you would please cancel my subscription and arrange for a refund to be sent.The user name that I gave myself was ‘Nicholas’, and the passwords, in succession ‘Telephone’, ‘xbann18’ and ‘gk40vzw’. I paid through my Mastercard account.I would appreciate your help.Nicholas Crace01256 770797"As I cannot contact Justanswer either by email or telephone, I would appreciate it if you could pass this message on to them.Wit many thanks,Nicholas
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok... well the solution I gave you, but its a shame your now getting a refund even though you received the answer to your question. I find that a little unfair, but you need to email***@******.*** for a refund if your not willing to pay for the service received.