Russell H.
Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.
13568747

We had two of our phone lines go down on Monday and BT

Customer Question

Hi. We had two of our phone lines go down on Monday and BT fixed this lines but our recorded message on the panasonic KX-T7431 Digital Hybrid Sytem has gone. I cannot find how to record a new message and when I try to access the old message it just rings and rings. Can you help please
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Did the phone lines going down happen at the same time as a power failure, power fluctuation, or an electric or lightning storm in your region? if so, your phone system may perhaps have been damaged by power surge(s). Whether that's true or not I would assume that, at minimum, your old message is erased or otherwise inaccessible. To try to set the new message: 1. Lift the handset on any phone2. Press "INTERCOM" button3. and dial 1654. When answered by the Auto Attendant, dial#6*998(Pound Six Star Nine Nine Eight)5. Enter the password ***** the Administrator account.6. followed by a#(Pound) if the system requires it to continue.7. Dial 5 to do a "Modify Message"then dial 1 "To Change The Company Greeting"8. Enter the Company Greeting Number from 1 to 32 ... that would most likely be1for the main co. greeting. Let me know how it goes, please, whether it fails, or you have a success with this approach. Thanks.