Nathan
Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

My hand set 2&3 keep displaying synchronising hand sets

Customer Question

Hello my hand set 2&3 keep displaying synchronising hand sets and won't return to normal use.I can't make an outgoing call on these two handsets but can receive incoming on them
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. What is the make/model of your phone system, Josephine? This should be printed on the main base station.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Bt6710
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
This symptom tends to indicate a hardware failure in the base station (since the issue happens with multiple handsets). We most often see this type of damage to the base unit as the result of a power surge, either through the phone or power lines.The one thing you may attempt yourself is to fully reset the system:1) unplug both power and phone lines from the main base.2) remove batteries from all handsets3) wait at least 15 minutes, then restore all4) place a handset on the main base for a minute, as if to charge5) check for functionality. Let me know the results, and I'll advise further if needed. Nathan
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the call, Josephine. Nathan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your help.After following all the advice the phones in question are still the same so I am returning all the equipment to the store ,and buying a Panasonic package.Perhaps I will have better luck with that.Thank you again. Jo
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
You're very welcome Jo.