Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

Can I use a handset from my current Panasonic KX-TG6523EE to

Can I use a handset from my current Panasonic KX-TG6523EE to transfer numbers to my new KX-TGJ323E?
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer, Sorry I didn't see your question earlier. To answer your question simply, the answer is no - you can not (easily) transfer phone numbers stored in the old system to the new system. The more detailed explanation is that the HANDSETS in these two different system are not "interchangeable" - meaning that then handsets from the older system can not be "registered" to the new system. Also, MOST of the consumer level phone systems (like these) can NOT transfer phone numbers from one system to another. This is "by design" and I believe is one of the decisions made by the manufacturers of these system - to keep the cost down to an acceptable level. This is one of the reasons I usually recommend that you keep the number of (important) stored numbers in these systems to a minimum AND to always WRITE DOWN the numbers you want to use - in case they need to be entered manually or stored again. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any more questions. If this has answered your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (Excellent is my goal) so that I get credit for helping you with this question.You should see some "stars" to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to scroll UP or DOWN) or can not use them.Thanks, ***** ***** .-(im)