Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

TEL AND A NSWERING MACHINE pnlc1019ZA. BT maintain there

TEL AND A NSWERING MACHINE pnlc1019ZA. BT maintain there is a fault in this equipment
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,Sorry to hear of any issue you are having with your phone(s).To help you with this issue, may I ask:1) The Make & Model Number of the phone system you are working with? That model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the main base unit and START with KX-TG.NOTE: The number you sent (pnlc1019ZA) appears to be for a power adapter for a Panasonic system of some kind.2) What is the AGE of this phone system?3) What exactly is happening (or not happening)?Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Panasonic KX-TG806 1E No idea of age several years I think. Cannot make outgoing calls but can receive incoming calls. Important as I am sick and alone.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again and thanks for that information. OK - can you tell me the TOTAL number of cordless handsets you have with this system? If you have more than one cordless handset, do you have the same issue with ALL handsets (assuming you have tried all of them)? NOTE: I do see that you tried a "customer assistance phone", and that seems to work. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Only the one handset
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that. OK - can you tell me if the batteries in the handset have EVER been replaced - since the system was new? Also, I would like to try a "reset" of the system - if you are up to it. It will require getting up and disconnecting the power adapter from the MAIN BASE UNIT and the power socket in the wall, and removing the batteries from the handset. Are you well enough to do that? Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No idea when batteries were changed - or if ? Cannot carry out instructions as hands bandaged. can I call again when someone comes in to help me?
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Yes - You can leave this question open and get back to me when someone can come and help you. But just to be sure, do you STILL have that "customer assistance phone" available - so you can make calls when needed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes and thank you
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
OK - good. I just wanted to make sure you were OK for now. By the way, it MAY be best to simply replace that KX-TG8061 system with a newer system - as they are fairly inexpensive. And it sounds like someone has already "checked out" the current system and determined that it has a problem. If you want to take a look at what may be available in your area, I have a link to a search I just did on Amazon. http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=panasonic+cordless+phones&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Apanasonic+cordless+phones Please let me know when someone is there that can try the reset procedure, and I will send it along. Take Care, Greg A.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again, I have to run out on some service calls, but wanted to send the reset procedure along now, so that you will have it and need it while I'm out. If the reset does NOT restore proper operation, replacing the system may be the only choice left. Cordless system "reset" procedure. This is done by following the steps below.============================1) Remove the batteries from ALL handsets in the system.2) Remove the phone cord from the main base unit AND the phone jack in the wall.3) Remove the AC power adapter plug from the main base unit AND remove the AC adapter from the power outlet.4) WAIT 15 minutes. This allows any "stuck" conditions in the components to clear.5) Reconnect the batteries in all handsets.6) Reconnect the phone cord between the main base and the phone jack in the wall.7) Reconnect the AC power adapter plug in the main base unit and then plug the AC adapter into the wall power outlet.8) Wait 30-60 seconds for the system to reinitialize.9) Test each handset for proper function.10) Test each function of the main base unit (answering system, caller id, etc.).============================Please give these things a try and let me know what you find or if you have more questions. If this has answered your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (Excellent is my goal) so that I get credit for helping you with this question.You should see some "stars" to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to scroll UP or DOWN) or can not use them.Take Care, Greg A.--. .-(im)
Greg A., Engineer
Experience: Working with Electronics for 25+ years.