Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I have a philips cd135 phone set with four units. I have connected

Customer Question

I have a philips cd135 phone set with four units. I have connected only three and am having the following problem. When the phone rings the base unit stops ringing after one ring while the other two continue ringing. However, the base unit has answered the call. I want this to stop and let the phone ring till I personally answer this. I have read the instruction manual but cannot find a solution to the problem. Please help urgently. Thanks
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your Phillips cd 135?Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Around five tears old but never been used. I unpacked it todsy.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Am I going to get an answer to my question or did I waste £20?
Hi I see you requested a call I sent you the offer please accept and I will call;-)Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is that in addition to the money paid.
Hi I am only a technician, I don't set the prices but yes that is what the cost would be. I woudl like to help. is all.You don't need that but you asked fro the call, so I sent the request is all;-)ThanksTech Mike
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you just type the response please.
Hi sure thing;-)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Am waiting for yr solution to my problem. I hope you csn help
Have you tried this operation the way the user manaul says?ThanksTech Mike
Please be patient as these are technical issues and require some info from you so I know whats wrong.Thank you for your patience.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The manual is not clear on this. I explained what I did in my question
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I see your other expert has opted out. May I ask if you still need help with this issue?If so, can you CLARIFY IF the built-in answering system is picking up the incoming calls AFTER ONLY 1 RING - even when the answering system is set to 7 rings OR it is turned OFF? If that IS the case, please let me know if you have ANY other devices (phones, answering systems, etc.) attached to this same phone line - at any phone outlet at your location? What I'm thinking is there MAY be some other device - perhaps in a room that is not used very often - that is picking up these calls - and that device will need to be disconnected (or turned off) to allow the phone to continue to ring. Another TEST is to physically disconnect the base unit from the phone line and have someone call you - to see if the call continues to ring, and is NOT picked up at that time (assuming you have another phone connected to hear these calls). This would TEST to see if the main base unit is faulty. Even if the system was "in a box" for 5 years, if it was NOT TESTED, it could still be faulty. Please let me know what you find and any more details you can send me. Thanks, ***** *****(im)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The only other phones are the two units which came in the box. I have only connected the mother base and two of the other units. The only other things connected to the phone kine r the internet and my alarm system
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again and thanks for that information. OK - can you CLARIFY IF the built-in answering system is picking up the incoming calls AFTER ONLY 1 RING - even when the answering system is set to 7 rings OR it is turned OFF? And can you find a DIFFERENT phone (basic corded phone is best), to TEST if that phone will ring (& ring) when connected to the phone line (and with the Philips system disconnected? Even a BORROWED phone would do for this TEST. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had another phone beforr n that rang until I picked up. The base unit picks up on the first ring. I have deactivated the answering machinè but doesnt help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can we continue this tomorrow becausè of the time difference and it's late here?
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, we can continue tomorrow if you like. But I will tell you that it "sounds like" the main base unit of the Philips system (the part that contains the Answer system) is faulty, and you will want to get a DIFFERENT system to replace it. I would like to TEST with a DIFFERENT phone first - to verify my suspicions - but from what you have described, it does sounds like that 5 year old system is faulty. As an alternate step, the Philips main base and one handset could be taken to a different location and TESTED there - to see if the same symptoms exist at that location. In any case, please let me know what your testing shows, or if you have more information to send me. Best Regards, ***** *****(im)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok will try out yr suggestions tomorrow n let u know. Bye for now.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Very good. I will look for and respond to your notes as soon as I can. Have a good night, Greg A.(im)
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved?I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.Thanks, ***** ***** .-(im)