Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

How much do youcharge?

Customer Question

how much do youcharge?
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 11 months ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer, Sorry to hear of any trouble you may be having - with your phones. RE: "how much do youcharge?"We experts don't see what you bid to have your question answered, but you should be able to see that on your side of the system (perhaps with the "My Account" link?). Do you have a specific question about transferring or forwarding calls? If so, may I ask:1) The Make & Model Number of the phone system you are working with?2) What phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?Thanks
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
panasonic kx-t7730 advanced hybrid system - landline carrier is TDS but I want to transfer incoming calls to my verizon cell phone
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
are you there?
Expert:  Greg A. replied 11 months ago.
Hi again and thanks for that information.Sorry for any delay - this system does take a few moments to let me know you responded. Let me look that up and see if it is in my notes. While I do that, may I ask if you have to dial a number (like 9) to get access to an outside line? Thanks
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
yes 9
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
no not live - then I'm charged even more money
Expert:  Greg A. replied 11 months ago.
Hi again, Any request you see pop-up for other services is OPTIONAL and can be ignored or closed. OK - I found my notes on forwarding for this system, and I have attached the "quick reference" as an image. You may have to click on the attached file name to see the image. Once you have that on your screen, you will want to use the "6" option - in the center of the image - as your cell phone would be considered an "outside line". Please give that a look and let me know if you have any questions about the sequence to set this up. Thanks, ***** *****
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
what is the line access code?
Expert:  Greg A. replied 11 months ago.
That would be the number 9 I asked about, and that you responded with. Essentially you will be dialing an outside line, so the sequence will be the same as when you do that manually.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
as soon as hit 9 I get a fast beep
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
sounds like the phone is off the hook
fast busy signal
Expert:  Greg A. replied 11 months ago.
OK - what is the ENTIRE sequence you are using - from the start? That should be from the LEFT side of the diagram.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
pick up phone, hit FWD/DND hit 6 hit 9 then it won't let me put in my cell phone number to proceed
Expert:  Greg A. replied 11 months ago.
Also, you you have MULTIPLE LINES with your phone system? This procedure assumes you have multiple lines.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
yes
Expert:  Greg A. replied 11 months ago.
OK - it could be that the "call forwarding" feature has not been enabled for the main system (pbx). If that is the case, contacting the phone system administrator (or whoever set up the system for you) would be the next step. OR you could contact your phone service provider and see if they have that feature enabled for one or more of the lines.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
no - you're wrong. We've done it before but the directions have been lost.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 11 months ago.
Do you have a dedicated phone system administrator or someone that provided the original instructions?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
no we're a small business.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 11 months ago.
I only ask because some of the features of the MAIN system could have changed - with a system software update.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 11 months ago.
Let me check the rest of my notes about that line access code. While I do that, do you have the model of the MAIN system (the pbx)? That could be on the manual you were looking at.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
KX-TA624
Expert:  Greg A. replied 11 months ago.
Thanks for that. OK - my notes tell me that the "9" should be it, BUT some of these systems you can just press one of the CO lines and the system puts the code in for you. So let me ask if you can try that (press a line button) instead of the 9 and see what is heard. Thanks
Expert:  Greg A. replied 11 months ago.
I have some other notes that say the "line access code" may be something between 81 & 86 (for the appropriate line number 1-6). Please try that too.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
not working - tried everything.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
beyond frustrated.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
are you there? I'm still having trouble. No luck.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 11 months ago.
I understand being frustrated. May I ask what happens and what you hear when you try an 81 or 82 - instead of the 9 for the line access code? Also, how many lines to you have?AND was the previous call forward (that did work) done from this same station? Thanks
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Same station and same tone whether we dial 9, 81 or 82 or 83 or 84 or 85 and so on.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
then fwd/dnd line is blinking like it's connected when the handset is in the cradle.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 11 months ago.
OK - If the light is blinking, can you try to CANCEL that? In WORDS, that would be toPick up the receiverPress the FWD/DND button.Press 0Put the receiver back on the base. Let me know if that stops the blinking.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
no keeps blinking
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It is pick up receiver, push FWD/DND then 0 then # ***** hang up
Expert:  Greg A. replied 11 months ago.
?Is that last sequence what stopped the blinking?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
yes it is
Expert:  Greg A. replied 11 months ago.
OK - it sounds like there HAS been a program CHANGE in your system - to where these steps no longer perform as in the guide. So let me opt out of you question while I see if I can find another expert with more detailed knowledge of the base system. Please do not rate any of my answers at this point.You will also get other notes when another expert chimes in. Thanks
Greg A., Engineer
Experience: Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
no way. Seriously? That doesn't work. I am trying to go out of town. I can not wait 24 hours. Unfortunately, your service will be rated on the fact that it was not resolved.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Greg A. you have blocked my ability to rate you.
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 11 months ago.
Hello there,
Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.
Adam