Nathan
Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

Gigaset AS200 telephone. I can neither receive or make calls.

Gigaset AS200 telephone. I can neither receive or make calls. When I dial a number the phone responds but there is no dialing tone at the receiver's end. I have renewed the batteries but that makes no difference. The brief instructions do not cover the situation. Your assistance would be appreciated as phone has not operated for 2 weeks now. I do not have a mobile.
The connections to my provider's box etc., are OK. Must be the telephone itself.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Can you tell me a bit more about the problem please:1) If you have multiple handsets (within the same system), does this happen with all of them? 2) Are there other phones or even a fax, outside of this system but on the same line? If so are they working properly?3) Is this a landline from the local phone/cable company, or a VOIP service (vonage/magicjack/etc)?4) Do you have dsl service on the same line?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1. Yes-I have two handsets and the problem extends to both of them.
2. No other phones. Part of Sfr provider's service (telephone, t.v. and Internet). No problem with t.v. Internet, computer or e-mail)
3.Landline.
4.Don't know what dsl service is.
That's it!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The situation seems to have resolved itself. A friend and I checked the connecting cables (which I had previously tried when the problem first arose) and we were able to reconnect with the network. Thank you for your efforts so far and with luck I won't need to trouble you again. Do I need to post a feedback?
Thanks again
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the update, Beverly. My apologies for missing you, I'm in the US on a much different time zone. Typically you can reboot these units by unplugging the power cord and base station for a few minutes, which is what I would have recommended and what likely happened in the course of your helper checking the cords. If you need more help, feel free to get back in touch at any time. Best regards,Nathan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please read my note of yesterday in which I informed you that I had managed to rectify the situation before receiving your latest suggestion. Re your suggestion I would add that I had already rebooted the system but to effect. However the phone is now working. I'll wait until you have read my note of yesterday before finalising contact with you.