Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Phone Engineer
32989067

I have a AS200 plus extra handset. I have the correct batteries

I have a AS200 plus extra handset. I have the correct batteries in them and have also recharged them seperately. The phone goes dead as soon as it is lifted off it's seat. The charge symbol shows full charge but both phones go dead when picked up. Please help!
***** *****
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there Robert and welcomeCan you remove the batteries from the handset and let it sit for 10 minutes to allow the circuit to drain its power.Then put the batteries back in and tell me if it then functions correctly please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
One phone had been disconnected for more than 10 mins so have put the batteries back and it works with a low indicator in the window. I have changed batteries before and the phone looks good but does not last many seconds when picked up!! The 10 min. idea is something different. Have just tried the second phone and it activated then put it in it's holder and after a few seconds lit up showing full charge. Took it off and it gave the loud signal and died!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks It is the internal mainboard that has faulted, this confirms it, it is not the battery. I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the phone to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Richard, I am happy to rate your advice and you get paid but i do not want an ongoing subscription and I have been pressurised to subscribe. I do not want this and will pay as I need to use you. Please sort this out before i sign off.Thank youRobert
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
The subscription is optional, if you joined it by mistake I will forward the message to customer service to check and cancel any subscription you took up once we complete this question.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Richard and I am happy to rate you as excellent and very helpful.Robert
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Robert, please do so from the stars at the top of the screen then submit.ThanksRichard