Nathan
Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

I have a Panasonic KX T7633 attached to my Panasonic local

I have a Panasonic KX T7633 attached to my Panasonic local phone system. have just taken another office next door and I'd like to use an 30 metre extension cord to take this phone next door but still be connected to the same socket in my existing office. Where can I get the appropriate extension cord and what should I get ?
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Nathan, I just need advice as to what to buy and where to buy it from. I made the mistake of buying a BT extension cable which I now realise was the wrong cable as it doesn't work. Looking forward to your advice
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry, I had sent a reply earlier, it looks like like that didn't come through, sorry about that.

This is what you need: http://amzn.to/1RuoOHo

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Nathan, will this definitely work?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

There is no reason it should not work, unless you have some unusual non standard wiring.

The typical bt cord you'd get would have only 2 wires in it, which is why it didn't work, your pbx system needs more, which is why this cord is specified.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What kind of adapter will I need as the plugs on one end on the image of the extension cable you advise don't match the BT shape socket. The other end will fit directly into the Panasonic by the looks of it?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

This is an extension cable, it is meant for the existing cord out of the panasonic to still be used and plug into this.

If it fits the panasonic end, it should fit the socket end as well, as it is a BT style plug.

Being an extension, and not just a longer regular cord, it has one male and one female end.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Nathan, I only question because the specification on Amazon says "6P4C Male toMale" so I assume a female adapter might be require or a different product??
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

An you are correct, sorry about that. The link I sent seems to have pointed to another model.

Either will work, but these both have the bt style plug on both ends, so the only difference is that you wouldn't use the additional cord currently being used.

It has the side clip which should fit your existing socket.

This is the type I was referring to being an extension, and you could string several of them together to get the desired length: http://amzn.to/1WnpFlc

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

If you need it though, you can easily adapt: http://amzn.to/1XVpkFR or

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
to be clear, I think I will use you first suggestion - http://amzn.to/1RuoOHo , (because I will have 30m of continuous cable) with BT431A to RJ11 telecom test adapter , (available on Amazon) as the side clip is needed for the wall socked and the existing male end is needed for my Panasonic phone. Could you confirm that this will be OK?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Nathan, could you confirm for me please that I will be purchasing the correct items ? (see my note above), thanks
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry I missed you, your first message didn't go through, and the 2nd message gets you lost in the queue, so I didn't get either of them.

Regarding your last post, yes, that is correct, you would have the full length cable, and the male/female adapter I specified.