JamesI
JamesI, Customer Service
Experience:  With 10 years experience managing analouge and digital PBX, he is currently deploying a cloud VOIP system
75967336

I have a line cord error message on my landline. The master

Customer Question

I have a line cord error message on my landline. The master switch is OpenReach and has my broadband router plugged in. Broadband works fine. I have an old bakerlite junction box which was briefly disconnected today for some work on the front door. Do I need a BT engineer?
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Open Reach will only support you up to the Master Socket.

The fact your broadband is working would suggest this isnt a BT fault, and your phone is connected to an extension socket.

If not already can you plug your phone into the master socket, and check this works (you get a dial tone), if this works you need to find out why your extension sockets have stopped working, it is often cheaper to phone up a local electrician or computer network engineer as they would be half the price of BT.

However if the fault still present on the master socket, BT should be able to attend and fix the issue free of charge.

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Further to my response a few days ago, I wanted to follow up to check if you had any further questions regarding the answer provided.

I would appreciate if you could rate the service received to date.

James