Russell H.
Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.
13568747

Gigaset C620 with answerphone and 6 handsets connected.

Customer Question

Gigaset C620 with answerphone and 6 handsets connected. Seems have be no connection, although internet working fine.
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: From yesterday, have not been able to make calls - no dial tone. Incoming calls register on caller display but are blocked from answering. I have a CPR Callblocker, but have now disconnected it and problem has not been resolved.
Assistant: Brilliant. Thank you. I'll now take you to a secure page to place your deposit with JustAnswer. Once the deposit is received, we'll continue helping you with your question.
Category: Phone Systems
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi again. I have paid £18 through Paypal. I have tried to clear my problem by disconnecting the whole system for over an hour. I have now reconnected only the main base and handset. However, problem continues ...
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Have you checked several of the handsets, rather than only one? this is advisable, to make sure it is not just a case of one handset becoming disconnected or otherwise defective.

What is your phone line service type? landline or POTS / common land-line phone? or VoIP/digital/UVerse/Comcast phone or Vonage or MagicJack ?

How old is the Gigaset phone in question?

Was there a thunderstorm recently in your region, as of yesterday or immediately previously?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Russellthanks for your reply. I have checked my handsets, none of which are working. I believe it's not the lie or the wired connection to the base station. The phone receives call, but treats them all as "blocked". I get a knocking indicator to acknowledge receipt of all blocked calls. I have a landline (British Telecom); my Gigaset phone system is about 3 years old. No thunderstorms or other unusual weather here.. Margaret
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

With all that you have told me - and thank you for being clear in giving the information I asked for - I would guess that, if the phone(s) never ring, then the Caller ID signal from British Telecom may have been restricted or canceled.

Unless you deliberately told them (BT) that you did not want Caller ID service on your landline, then I would advise you to contact British Telecom, and tell them that there are symptoms of a lack of Caller ID on your line, and have them check on it, see that it is restored (if it is part of your current plan that you are paying for), etc.

(On the other hand, if you deliberately did not want and do not have Caller ID service from British Telecom, your phone will have to be adjusted in its settings to not block calls. If that's the case, please Reply letting me know, and I will advise you how to change the phone's settings in detail. )

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Russellthanks for your help. BT have now established my problem was caused by a loose wire at one of their junction boxes. Problem now solved.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Excellent to hear that!

Please rate my answer, so that this case may be closed. Thank you for bringing your question to us, here at JustAnswer.com.