Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Phone Engineer
32989067

My gigaset SL450 does not ring and the keypad is very

my gigaset SL450 does not ring and the keypad is very unresponsive it requires specific pressure to get a number dialled
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please what you have already tried to do to fix this?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have not tried anything. I have two handsets SL450 which cost quite a bit but are no longer under warranty. One handset does not ring but started to ring the other day again but then stopped again. The speaker does not work either for hands free. I can live with this but both handsets have keypad problems in that they do not always register the button pressed, this is annoying whn dialling!
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Can you please remove the power to the base station, and the batteries to the handset

Wait 10 minutes, then connect the power to the base station and batteries in the handset and tell me if it now functions correctly please.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
not sure how to remove battery
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
base disconnected
got battery out
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

thanks, ***** ***** know the results please

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
no better
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

It is the internal mainboard that has faulted, this is the cause of the issue and this now confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to have it replaced. A repair is not feasible as it costs more the the value of the phones (they are very cheap now days)

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
not cheap, they are £100 to replace just a handset! Now I have spent £18 to learn I need to spend more, not a great result!
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

yes, but cheaper then a repair and what they did cost...

I am sorry your not happy with my service, I can only tell you the reality of the situation Patricia, it was not intended to upset you, but only to tell you what is the issue and what you need to do.