JamesI
JamesI, Customer Service
Experience:  With 10 years experience managing analouge and digital PBX, he is currently deploying a cloud VOIP system
75967336

Home phone not accepting calls

Customer Question

home phone not accepting calls
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  technicalcat replied 2 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service.

Is this a magicjack or skype you are having trouble with, or an actual home phone?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
actual home phone
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it sometimes rings once,,then a crackling noise,and goes off
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please the make and model of your phone?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
panasonic, model,,,KX-YG6821E
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Please remove the power to the base station and the batteries to the handset then wait 10 minutes.

Then connect the power to the base station, put the batteries in the handset and tell me how it now operates please.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have 3 house phones I allready did remove power,,changed batteries etc,,still not working
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

ok, can you tell me all steps you have already taken please to try to resolve this?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
unplugged all 3 phones,,put new batteries in all 3,,,reconnected still not working..tried to get in touch with talktalk..no joy,,cause the line is through talktalk
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

ok, are you able to try a different phone, so a different connection to where the base unit is connecting, this way we know for sure if it is the phones or the line that is the problem.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
nothing wrong with the phones,,only had them a year,,its definitly the line,,it should be sorted for free!!! I pay my talktalk bill by direct debit every month!! this isnt the first time its happened,,but cant find the phone number so came to this sight,,didnt expect to be paying £35
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

ok no problem, then I will opt out of working with you further on this.

Thank you and all the best

Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

Unfortunately we are not paid by your provider, how much do you feel would be a suitable amount to pay and I can see if we can adjust the fee for resolving this for you, if you are not wanting to pay then I can ask customer service to issue you a refund and we can close your question down.

Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

I havent heard from you in a few days, and wanted to understand if I can be of any further assistance?

Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

Good evening, I havent heard back from you in the last few days, do you still require assistance?

Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

Good morning, I havent heard back from you in the last few days, do you still require assistance?