JamesI
JamesI, Customer Service
Experience:  With 10 years experience managing analouge and digital PBX, he is currently deploying a cloud VOIP system
75967336

We have a number of extensions to our KX-DT321 and many of

Customer Question

We have a number of extensions to our KX-DT321 and many of them are blocked to outgoing calls. How do I unblock them
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Good afternoon, my name is ***** ***** will assist you with your query.

What message is displayed when you try and make an outbound call from the extension?

In order to assist you further I also need to know the model number of your PBX which the extensions are connected to, its most likely the extension are not granted what is known as the correct 'class of service'. Once I know the model of the PBX I can advise you how to assign the correct class of service to the extension.

James

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No message is displayed. I need to put in a code before the extension number I think an that removes the block. I dont know the code
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Normally you just press 9 for an outside line and it should find a spare line, in order to help you with the code I need the model of the PBX, which is often located where the phone lines come into the building or behind reception.

Most likely it will be a Panasonic unit like this one here.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The Model of the PBX is KXTDE 200. The serial number is )C!£UD007768.
9 does gets us a line out but some line are blocked for outgoing calls. I want to unblock them Thanks Maeve
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Serial No. is OC13UD007768. Had caps on when tying the above SorryM
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for the info Maeve,

The Class of Service (COS), can be overridden remotely if you know the pin number of another extension which can make outbound calls, this is defined on page 51 of the manual here. In essence you dial *47 followed by the extension which can make calls, the pin number for the extension, after the two beeps enter the number you want to call.

* Note if you dont know the extension pin on a working phone you can set it up by following instructions on page 206 of the same manual - from the working extension dial *799 followed by 1, the pin you wish to use, # key, the pin again to confirm, then #

Give me a few minutes and I will see if I can find instructions for a more permanent option (and assign the correct COS to the extension which cant make outbound calls).

Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

The other option is to update the PBX settings, so it assigns the same COS used on a working extension to the ones which currently cant make outbound calls.

For this you need to go into the programme mode which is done as follows (and described on page 43 of the manual here), please note you will need to know the PIN this by default is 1234 but most likely has been changed by who ever manages the telephone system.

From a phone model DT321 and the handset on the hook, press the program button then ** the PBX PIN (default being 1234), to enter COS dial 602, then press the autodial\store button, enter the extension which needs to be given outbound calling permission, enter the COS required probably 01 (but could be anything between 01 and 64), press autodial\store

This is a rather complicated process, if you run into issues after entering in ** at the start, it because the phone isnt granted admin rights and try and do the same from a managers or reception office phone.

Let me know how you get on.

Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Hi Maeve,

I havent heard back from you in the last few days, can you please advise if you need any further assistance?

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Good morning Maeve, I havent heard from you in the last couple of days do you still require assistance. In order for me to close the case I need you to rate the service received using the star rating on this page.

James